Built in 1933, the building at 1440-1450 Hayworth is a Mediterranean Revival style building with Monterey Revival influences. The stucco-finish structure, erected on a concrete foundation, has planer stucco walls with a shallow second-story overhang supported by beam extensions with elaborated ends. A gabled, red clay tile roof carries three two-story chimneys; one is centered on each of the street-facing front walls of the side units and the third on the courtyard facade of the rear unit. Chimneys pierce the roof gable and are ornamented with decorative S-irons and narrow stucco caps. The Monterey Revival porches are character defining. They have open railings, plank floors and are cantilevered on wood beams. French doors provide access to the porches. Ornamental iron lamps illuminate building addresses. The courtyard of the building is densely landscaped with specimen trees, shrubs and foundation plantings.